Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Well, My Grandfather Was Right....

As a kid I thought that time moved so incredibly slow...summers dragged on for what seemed like months and months...Christmas took years to come....a year in school lasted a lifetime.   Grandpa always said, "When you get older, you won't know where the time has gone..."  I never believed him.  Then I graduated from high school, went to college, got married, got a job, had a son....and where has the time gone?  Grandpa was right.  He is not physically here anymore to reflect upon this with, but I know that he is looking down laughing and saying, "I told you so...you kids never listen." 



I find myself now, as a teacher, telling my students the same thing.  They just cannot wait for lunch, or Thanksgiving break, or summer vacation...I tell them it will be here sooner than they know.  They laugh and give me a funny look...a look that I know because I gave that look once too...and someday I know they will look back and say, "Where has the time gone?" and wonder why those kids are always in such a rush...

No comments:

Post a Comment